Northwood University is committed to a secure information technology environment, and requires strong and unique passwords. Passwords that do not meet the following requirements or are otherwise found vulnerable will be rejected.
Passwords must meet the following criteria
- Be at least 8 characters in length
- Consist of at least 3 of the following 4 items
- Uppercase letters (i.e. A-Z)
- Lowercase letters (i.e. a-z)
- Numbers (i.e. 0-9)
- Special characters (i.e. !@#$%^&*)
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
- Previous passwords may NOT be reused.
- Passwords will expire and require a mandatory password change. A change reminder message will display within Blackboard 30 days before your password is set to expire.
- You may change your password more often if you feel your password has been compromised.
Information Technology will NEVER ASK FOR YOUR LOGIN AND PASSWORD in an e-mail.
How do I reset/change my password and/or set up my security questions?